Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shameless Self Promotion and Misc.

I wanted to get ahold of some profs at my old university, so I was looking around on the fine arts website and found one of my paintings. OOOOhhh! My English Town kids are right!! I AM famous afterall. Here it is:



This painting was made using spraypaint and dripped wax; right now it's sitting in my old bedroom at my parents house. So famous!!

The class we have in today is so cute it's not even funny. They all have the dialogues memorized perfectly and treat me as though I am this wonderful big doll to look at and talk to (in Korean, so I have no idea what's going on). The boy who speaks the best english asked be if I was single, then went and reported my answer to all his buddies. And the girls follow me around holding my hand and asking me for stickers. "Sunsangnim!!! Sunsangnim!! Sticker juseyo!!" (teacher!! teacher!! sticker please!!). Of course I say no; I've become a bit of a sticker Nazi; "You, child! You may only recieve a sticker if you deserve it!!", "You lost your sticker??? Too bad!!! No sticker for you!", "If you talk, NO STICKER!!", " If you don't talk, NO STICKER!!" and so on.

Mom, this next picture is for you. For Christmas can you send me some of this hair gel? You can find it in any shopper's Drug Mart or some such place, but NOT in Korea since people don't have curly hair here (except the old ajumma's who have their hair permed). It's called a "curl booster" on the label, and it smells nice, and I'm running out already!!















This next picture is just plain funny. Packaging is so bizarre. There's always gotta be a face on everything or it's just not edible. These are some delicious potatoes that also coincidentally have cute faces.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you make your wishes any clearer???? I will do my best to find the stuff to control your hair. It probably needs it!!!
Love Mom

mightycathy said...

I'm a girl who knows what she wants and I've got a digital camera!! And yes, it DOES need it. Thanks Mom!!