Friday, November 10, 2006

Pepero Day!! Everything I ever could have imagined!!!





Saturday, November 11th is something called "Pepero Day" over here in S.K. It seems to be a national day of eating cracker sticks covered in chocolate. Why?? I have no idea. Was there a dude named Pepero that we are honouring everytime we eat one? Perhaps, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Pepero day was thought up by the company that made pepperos so that they could actually sell their unremarkable chocolate covered treat. But I'm not complaining. A bunch of kids came up to me to give me some pepero's (then an equal number came over to beg some off of me), which was nice. The festival was today, and it was pretty cool! One of my co-teachers took over my class for me so I could watch for an hour. I've got picture's I'll be adding later.

On ACTUAL peppero day, I'll be at the top of Mt. Wolchusan, gazing over the wonderous vision that is smog-covered South Korea. At the top of the mountain is a big red suspension bridge that is supposedly really scary. I can't wait to go accross it!!To get all the way up and down the mountain apparently takes about 6 hours! EEkkk!! The important question: Will I pass out and die??



No comments: