Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Class Ended at 12:30pm Today

What to do to fill time?? Well, for the first couple of hours I attempted to "surf" the web while also trying to look somewhat serious and busy. My co-teacher's are not fooled, I'm sure. So, I guess I'm going to blather on for a while about this and that. I was just reading other people's blogs, and they were filled with optomism and good attutudes. Bunch of freaks.

Not much going on here. Mr. Yoon is the nicest co-teacher anyone could hope for, but every morning when we greet the kids and he introduces them to me he says "Cathy lives in Naju, in Sangwol Joo Gong". Dude!! What are you doing?? I already have enough kids following me down the street, in the grocery store and around my apartment complex!!! Yesterday, a twelve year old boy (probably eleven in Canadian years), asked me if I had a boyfriend, then proceeded to tell me that he was single. So cute!! If only he was about fifteen years older. Of course if I told him to be quiet he would have no idea what I was saying, but is able to ask me about my romantic status. Those nutty kids. One day a boy came into the english town wearing a shirt that said "Reading is Sexy". I wanted to get a picture of me and him as I read a book SO FREAKING BADLY!!! But he had no idea what his shirt said, so he wouldn't have gotten it. Other funny shirt I saw; a grade two boy with a shirt that said "This is my boyfriend" and an arrow beneath. Love it.

Here are some pictures of the festival that was held at my school. It was absurdly cute.






My pictures didn't turn out very good, but there was also a little cowboy-girl number. Easily the cutest thing I have ever seen. Little kids shooting their fake guns into the air in a choreographed dance. Sometimes its a little disturbing how many kids like to carry around fake (but real looking) guns. And not cute little ones; big machine guns. I guess the boys are just mentally preparing for military service later on! The traditional dances and costumes in the festival were the best, particularly the fan-dance. I need to learn me some of that shit!!!



This is a "for-the-hell-of-it" picture featuring Alex at Wolchusan. It's one of those pseudo-artsy silhouette pictures. Enjoy.

No comments: