Friday, November 24, 2006

My First Teacher's Workshop

A screaming success by all accounts. Ha ha ha. Three people showed up. Today there was some sort of volley ball tournament, so there was only a couple of diehards, which I didn't imnd. A small class is so nice because most adults are very shy about their English skills. Since there were only a few of them, it was a lot easier to get everyone talking. We played "two truths and a lie", which was fun. I had to do an example first, and my lie was "I have six children". Needless to say they got it right!

It ended up being very laid back and S-L-O-W. I'm still not very good at speaking slowly and simply. It was nice to get it all over with though, for whatever reason I had been slightly stressed about it (due to the fact have I have recieved "worrying genes" from my mother, the biggest worrier of all time!).

Loves ya mom and dad and siblings and extended family!! I just want to go home for the weekend and see everyone, but that, of course, would be crazy. I would spend most of the weekend on the plane!! Gak!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can't go home, come to Beijing and visit me ;).

Dave

mightycathy said...

That might be a good idea. I would like to see the great wall!!

Anonymous said...

We could do that, if you don't mind the cold.

Dave