Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Mountain

First, mom, dad, I got the stickers and DVD!! When I saw the DVD (Arrested Development Season Three!! Sweeeeet!) I gasped and scared the crap out of an old ajumma standing beside me waiting for the elevator. Whoops!!

So anyway, last night after work I went for a walk on my favorite mountain. Here are some pictures. It was a cloudy, rainy night so I was pretty much the only person on the mountain.










Pretty no? The last one is a picture of the entire city of Naju. It's pretty small eh? I can walk from one end to the other in half an hour. The pagoda at the top of the mountains makes for an excellent view. Just wait til next week! This weekend I'm going to go to Wolchusan (a HUGE mountain) with some friends. Those pictures should be way better as long as there isn't too much smog. I had no idea, but aparently there is a "yellow dust" season in Korea. Every spring the yellow sand from China blows through the South and covers everything including people!! At that time all the inhabiatants have to wear masks (some do already). Weird!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading this while on work time, but no one knows or cares. The pictures are awesome, I love the mountains!!! Glad we surprised you with the DVD and on your birthday too!!! Have a good time this weekend, talk to you on Sunday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you (consider yourself sung to)
Love Mom and Dad