Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Famous Naju Mary





I finally found the statue of Mary that cried tears of blood! Cool! One night when a couple teacher's were over at my apartment, I had them point it out from my apartment building. The funny thing is, I'd walked by it multiple times and never really noticed!

Meanwhile back at Naju Elementary, there's going to be a festival this friday put on by the students, so all morning they were dancing to some Korean drums nearby the English town. Korean traditional music is very distinctive. The two instruments: kkwaenggwari (a little bronze gong) and janggu (a double ended hourglass drum) are all about the crazy beats!! And really loud!! The dancing I've seen so far is also pretty cool, with the super long "sleeves" that are kind of like a gymnast's ribbons (they're all about the cool effects). The festival should be interesting. For my birthday Yuni, one of my co-teacher's gave me her copy of "Bridget Jone's: The Edge of Reason" "for my single life" as she put it. And Mr. Yoon is going to take us out to dinner and buy me a pair of glasses!! Mine haven't been the same since Alex slept on them when we were at Wando.

No comments: