Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fear and Aimlessness in Korea

Been feeling a little depressed the last couple of days since I found out I didn't get into Grad school. Now what the hell am I going to do with myself? I guess I'm just going to have to spend all the money I've saved working in Korea on crazy useless stuff (mom's cringing right now). Maybe a trip to Australia and some backpacking around Europe? Or I guess I could just pay off my student loans in one big lump fee (hahahahaha... yeah... I'm not going to do that. It would make too much sense).

This is what I think I'll do:

- finish my contract in Korea, go back to Canada, visit friends and family, overstay my welcome (don't worry mom and dad, I won't stay too long!! Or just long enough for you to remember what a pain in the ass I am).

- Buy myself a reliable car (dad, I'll need your help!).

- Drive around Canada looking for jobs along the way; maybe eventually settle in BC for a while. It seems wrong that I've been on the other side of the world but as for Canada, I've barely been out of Ontario! I'm thinking of just camping out or sleeping in my car (is that illegal in Canada or just frowned upon?) the entire way since hotels in Canada are INSANE expensive.

So who wants to come with me on a road trip??? You'll need lots of time, and have to be okay with getting REALLY lost.

4 comments:

Goulash said...

Sounds like my kinda holiday. If you hold off on the road trip for about 5 years, I'll join you on my bike.
:)

mightycathy said...

Five years?? No deal!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
How come you didn't say anything about grad school???? I had no idea you were feeling so down.
On the plus side, at least you're going home sorta rich and you can buy a nice, sensible car... though I think you'd be much better off with a $1000 purple sports car from the 80's that you could play "The Final Countdown" on at high volume on your cassette deck while you cruise down the highway at top speed, hair flailing in the wind, ice-cap in hand...

mightycathy said...

Hahahahahahaha... sounds good!! You think the actor who plays Gob might want to come with me on my "didn't get into school so I'm going to blow my money travelling adventure"???

duhn nuh nuh nuh, duhn nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh... The final countdown!!!