Friday, March 02, 2007

Japan IV Miyajima

Just a three minute ferry ride from Hiroshima was an island called Miyajima, which was a bit of a tourist and deer paradise.
This one's a view of the island from the ferry. Yeah, I've got photographic skills aplenty. The island seemed to have a strong focus on buying stuff, but the tourist items were so expensive that we didn't buy anything. Then when we went to lunch at this little restaurant, Kristen and myself ended up ordering some sort of rice and meat with raw (and I mean completely raw) egg dish. Mmmmm... delicious.

There are a bunch of deer that inhabit the island, wandering around, sitting on picnic tables. Some Korean tourists decided to try to feed some, and they became completely surrounded. The deer were trying to jump up on them as well, so they had to stand on top of some tables. Being the good samaritan that I am, I took pictures as they yelled "Hajimmmmaaaa!" (stop it!) at the deer. It was funny.



This is the Otorii Gate. I'm not sure what it's significance is apart from its role as a big fat tourist attraction in the water.

No comments: