Monday, March 26, 2007

Things I've Got a Mad Hankering For

Living in Korea for a year is great, but there are certain things that just can't be found or substituted over here!!

- First of all: family, friends and whatnot (so that I don't seem obsessed with food)
- sour cream
- skim milk (I never thought I'd say this... but milk in Korea is REALLY thick).
- Cheese (this is a big one)
- Pickles, olives- Poutine!!!
- Wendy's
- The varieties of food that can be found in Canada: Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, etc etc.
- making my own soft shell tacos
- meat (the availability of steaks, hamburger, etc)
- caesar salads
- chicken fajjitas, antijitos
- lasagna
- pink lemonade
- shower curtains
- bedsheets
- bread and assorted bread products.
- Tim Horton's Ice Caps
- Golden Mango (specifically the Chicken Pad Thai)
- Swiss Chalet
- The City of Waterloo (Kitchener even!)
- Princess Cinemas
- The old shed beside 69 Peppler, the roof, the garden we made in the backyard.
- Phil's (I know this is sick)
- Big burly men with facial hair who don't give a shit about fashion.
- Shopping in stores where I fit into things.
- Being able to buy a pair of shoes.
- Listening in to strangers conversations and UNDERSTANDING what is being said.
- Being able to go see a movie in theatres.
- Drinking country tap water.
- The beach at my parents shack (Bruce Trail side with the cliffs and ridiculously clear blue water).
- pets. I miss having animals around all the time!
- People always understanding my sarcasm.
- clean air (There's an LG factory beside my apartment complex).
- a backyard
- English and French written on all products.
- Being able to have conversations with shop owners, waitstaff, etc. etc.
- Being so busy that I don't have time to write lists like this!



I'll add more later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cath
I just made a big pan of lasagna,
I'd send you a slab but i don't think it would survive the trip.
Just trust in the fact that we are enjoying all of those things for you, well except Waterloo, yuk.
Love ya

mightycathy said...

awww... you're not helping! Damn I'm hungry!! And Waterloo isn't "yuck", I think you're probably envisioning Kitchener (where they hold Octoberfest)!!!