Thursday, March 15, 2007

Not So Relevant


This one isn't exactly about Korea; it's a picture from a site Sarah thought I would laugh at, and she was right! I'm not exactly sure why nihilism fascinates me so...
In other (absence of) news, English Town is much the same as usual. Had a really cute class in today that had some of my old students for my extra class last semester, so they were really good. One of the boys even wanted to make up his own dialogue for the doctor's office (probably because the one in the book is so shitty), so he said he had a headache from playing too many computer games. So cute!! I had a very monkey moment today. Let me explain: when I was in Thailand I went and saw a monkey show. Long story short it was really depressing and I find monkey's far too human-like. At one point during the performance the monkey just started staring vacantly into the distance as his trainer tried to make him pay attention. I found myself doing that a few times today. A group of about nine kids surrounded me as I went over the "doctors office dialogue" in my corner. My mouth kept moving, going over the phrases and waiting for the students to repeat, but my brain was GONE, onto something entirely different. I zone out a little too easily. When I snapped back into reality one of my students was looking over her shoulder trying to ascertain what I had been looking at so intently. Whoops! Sorry kids!

No comments: