Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring in the Land of Morning Calm

Assshhhh... I already had my entry written out, then I pressed a wrong button (my demands are all in Korean... it can be a little frustrating!!!). Now I'm feeling so apathetic that I don't want to do it again. Yes Alex, I know, I'm very emo (but never as emo as YOU). I'm going to abbreviate what I had originally written, which was articulate and interesting, I assure you:

- It's spring, and it's windy, and the wind is blowing dust from China into Korea.
- So obnoxious! China! We don't want your dust! It's making people over here sick!
- Makes my apartment dusty, the sky's a little yellow, but that's really all I've seen over here in the Naj. Apparently it's worse in Seoul.
- I just spent the afternoon watching a Korean movie called "The 200 Pound Beauty" and this is the only moral I could glean: If you're fat and ugly, get A LOT of surgery and you'll become famous and people will love you.
- Plastic surgery is on the rise in Korea. Big time. You can go into a 7-11 and buy these little oval shaped pieces of tape. Girls (and I guess some boys) put them on their eyes to give them the "western double eyelid". Whenever I watch t.v. it's easy to see which actors/actresses have had the double eyelid surgery.
- Kids are always pointing at my big white-girl nose. Some kids are instructed to pinch their nose often so that they will develop their bridge!
- Today Mrs. Kim (the mean co-teacher) said to me: soft drinks are for soft people (after encouraging me to drink the coke that's been in the fridge since winter camps).
- This led to general bitterness.
This is amonument near Geumsong Mountain. Yep, he's shooting a gun into the air. And in the previous picture is Kimbap Man, offering you some delicious kimbap like a weird cannibal! (kimbap usually involves veggies and rice wrapped in seaweed)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Blogger language issue blows. When you've signed into blogger, scroll to the options at the very bottom of the screen. Click on the fourth one from the right, and that'll take you into the language options. Of course you have to do this every single time you log in (if you clear your cache every day), but it's far less frustrating than figuring everything out in Korean.

mightycathy said...

It's bot the blogger website that's the problem (I eventually figured out how to get the english version a while back), its just that every command that pops up, or my toolbar at the top is entirely in Korean.