Monday, April 09, 2007

I Love Intrigue

This is just a little story about how I like to over-think absolutely EVERYTHING. Near my apartment complex there is a really beautiful mountain range and I walk along the same streets/paths to get there everytime.
First I make my way through the shanty-town region of Naju, then walk along the river looking at the koi fish, then I walk under an overpass. Parked on the left side is a car. There's nothing strange about the car except it has been there for over seven months now. I saw it the first time I took a walk to my mountains when I moved here, and it's STILL THERE. It hasn't moved in all that time! It's gotten really dirty, someone ripped the licence plates off, and the same items that were sitting in the car are still there in the exact same place.
In the back seat there are two inflated beach toys, a blanket and some books. It looks like someones on their way to the beach, they're just running seven months late.

So naturally I've assumed the owner of the car has been murdered, the children sold to some sort of prostitution ring, or sold to wealthy celebrities who want to be like Angelina Jolie. But how come the Naju Police haven't had the car towed?? Why does no one know about the existence of the car? Maybe the car's from Seoul and someone stole it and ditched it in Naju? Or maybe I should get a life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah don't worry about who will tow the car! Some adjumma will burn it!

mightycathy said...

Hahahahahaha... I just got a mental picture!!! I can totally see that happening. She'd squat next to the car as it burned, drying some weeds she found by the river. I love the ajummas in Naju!!