Monday, April 23, 2007

The Final Countdown... (da na na nuh... da na na na nuh...)

This blasted cold is still causing me angst, but apart from that, life in Cathy land is tranquil. It's still hard to believe that in just over four months I'll be back in Canada, dealing with reality. It doesn't feel like I've been here eight months at all!! There are still lots of things I'd like to do before I head back! A list:

- Wolchulsan one more time (going this weekend).
- Jirisan, another famous mountain, but I have no idea where it is.
- Jeju island. I think I'll just take a ferry from Mokpo one weekend when I've got nothing planned.
- Spend a weekend in Busan (Korea's second largest city)
- Go back to Seoul to shop (which of course I have already done, but there are always more tourist items to buy!!
- Visit the DMZ. I had a few opportunities to go, but it never happened. Apparently North and South Korean military spend their entire day staring at eachother in anger. Some guards stand half behind buildings in case the other side attacks etc. etc. But then it's also a huge tourist destination because it's the only country in the world to be divided by a huge strip of wilderness with landmines buried everywhere.
- Visit another country (I've still got two weeks of vacation left!). After thinking about my plans for Canada: somewhere cheap, preferably.

All of those things are very do-able.

No comments: