Friday, April 06, 2007

The Bamboo Forest

So yesterday we found out that we didn't have any class so we decided to go on a "business trip". After lots of official Naju English Town work in Gwang-ju (i.e. hanging out at Mrs. Kims place and going out for lunch), we went to Damyang (a city near Gwang-ju) that boasts the most bamboo in Korea. So here are a few pictures of us in the "Bamboo Forest".

This is Dong-gyu, Mrs Kim's older son; he's eying a strange statue that we found. Not a clue who he is. I'm pretty sure Dong-gyu had his suspicions though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I recently found your website and was very impressed with both the web design and your insightful writing. After reading some of the pieces on your website, I would like to invite you to submit one or more pieces of quality fiction, meaningful prose or pithy poetry for publication in a book I am compiling. I am currently working on a project to collect quality prose and poetry that reflect some aspect of South Korea. The book will be called Rousing the Morning Calm. This is an independent project to promote cultural awareness and provide a venue for writers to share their work with others interested in poetry and short fiction. You can find specific details and submission guidelines at: http://www.brianenglish.net/rousingthemorningcalm.htm

I plan to continue accepting submissions until early summer and possibly longer if I still don't have enough to compile a quality collection. Please send any work to the book's email address: rousingthemorningcalm@yahoo.com

I look forward to seeing your work and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Brian J. English
http://www.brianenglish.net