Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So What Could This Dream Mean?

So, I had no classes today, and it's becoming surprising and a little scary how easily I can while away an entire day sitting at my desk. For some reason I keep on thinking about this dream I had a while back. It started with me in Korea, except that there were people there that I'd known in Canada there as well of course. I was with this big group of people and we'd just finished school (as in, we were all students at a school?? Makes no sense), so we were walking down these back alleys. The entire dream had this post-apocalyptic, Tim Burton-esque backdrop. The sky was gloomy with an ugly redish tinge, the buildings old and derelict.


So we're walking along, all wearing backpacks, until, in the distance we see a mountain, and it's this twisted, ugly-bizarre looking Mt. Fuji (which is in Japan... again, the dream isn't making a lot of sense). All of the sudden we're at the foot of the mountain, which is this immense, monstrous, gothic looking thing; so we start climbing. But we're not walking along the ground, we're walking along a HUGE vine suspended over the ground that is anchored to the peak of the mountain. The vine gets thinner and thinner as we ascend, but we never stop for a break or get tired. Eventually it's a straight-up climb, but no one slows down. Now I'm basically pulling myself up using my arms more than anything.


Mt. Fuji is a huge mountain, and is often viewed with an ample snow covering at the top. The top of the mountain was white in my dream, but it wasn't snow, it was more like styrofoam. And the actual peak of the mountain was only big enough for one person to stand on the "top" at once. Weird!! So we all get to the top, but it's really crowded and since only one person could sit down on the top of the mountain we're all clinging to crags ("those craggy bits!") in the styrofoam and dangling from the vine. Just as I was starting to try to appreciate the view, I woke up. Waking up sucks sometimes... well, all the time.

6 comments:

Goulash said...

"The sky was gloomy with an ugly redish tinge, the buildings old and derelict."

Post Apocalyptic? Just sounds like your average Naju back ally during the April dust storms.

The rest is a bit weird though.

:)

mightycathy said...

You've got a point.

Goulash said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

Kasi's rearnd to do rinks-u!

Asahhhh!

mightycathy said...

Me berry berry genius.

(jerk)

Anonymous said...

It means you're on crack.
And everything is artifical here, a little bit crazy, nothing's making sense, and you're starting to struggle and be a little homesick, even though you don't realize it yet.
I should get a guest spot on Dr. Phil.

mightycathy said...

Thanks Dr. Phil!