Tuesday, October 10, 2006

You know... stuff!

Hey mom,

I got your letter!! It was so nice to see text in english; I felt pretty special. Things are the same over here in Korea except that I feel normal!! Not sick at all!! Weeee!!!

Today's class is a bit of a handful! They're grade five students and in my section I had a big group of boys to deal with. One kid was giving me attitude and disrupting the class, so I made him stand facing the wall. He made it known that he was VERY angry with me (actually quite amusing!). When I approached him, he thought I was going to hit him, but he seemed even more upset when he learned that instead I'd be embarassing him in front of his friends. So he just stood against the wall and glared at me in a very theatrical manner. Everytime I looked at him I would smile in my own special sarcastic way and he would get even more angry with me. Hahahahahahhahaha. Good times. I'm liking this whole teaching thing.

We give out stickers as a sort of reward system, and the kids go insane over these things. "Teacher!! Sticker!!! Sticker!!" is a very popular pseudo-sentence among the kids. A group of girls also spent a long time explaining to me that a Korean boy band was very "Sexy!! Sexy!!" and then proceeded to call me "cutie honey" for the rest of the day. Where do they get this stuff???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutie-Honey is the name of a song by a band :P