Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Same old same old




Ahhhh... entertaining. But at the same time, whenever I hear planes and helicopters overhead I'm expecting to see Team America swooping in "to save the mother-f**king day, yeah! America f**k, yeah!!" and so on! When I first saw Team America, I didn't realize how close to my heart it would become!

So another day in Naju English Town is done! It's fun because the kids are so excited to be there, and are so darn cute, but from a teaching standpoint it'sd getting a trifle (and by trifle I mean a whole hell of a lot) boring. I say the same dialogues EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am the immigration officer and this is my dialogue:

Officer: Hello, welcome to Naju English Town. Where are you from?

Sumin: Hi. I'm from Korea.

Officer: May I see your passport please?

Sumin. Sure. Here it is.

Officer: What's the purpose of your trip?

Sumin: I'm visiting my uncle.

Officer: How long will you stay?

Sumin: Two weeks.

Officer: Okay, have a good time.

Sumin: Thanks!

Yuck! This dialogue is the devil. The devil!!! If one of these kids visits another country they'd better be visiting an uncle or they're not getting in the country!

Everyday the group of girls who clean the English town stop off to come and talk with me for a while. I teach them some english, they teach me some interesting Korean facts. Today it was the boy band "Super Junior".



"Sexy" and "cutie" and "handsome" are not really words that I would use to describe them. It's more like "girly" and "pretty"!! All of the girls wanted to know which one I thought was the cutest, second cutest, ugliest etc. Every answer would produce a scream. The guy I called the ugliest caused a huge uproar. "No!! No!! Handsome!! Cute!!". I kept on calling the guy with red hair a girl and that would be met with even more screaming. Hahahahahahahaha.

No comments: