Monday, October 09, 2006

Wando Revisited


















Okay, this is a bit of a cheat. I'm going to write about my second trip to Wando, but these pictures are from my first trip. You're probably wondering: why the hell is there a dead fish? He looked like he was singing and I thought it was funny alright? Leave me be!

The second trip to Wando was fun. I think the most memorable thing would be the sauna that Richard, Shannon and Neal made. It was pretty sweet! So we all went swimming in the somewhat cool water and then were able to stay warm in a sauna made using two old signs and a tarp. Very ingenious!

At one point Alex and I were going for a swim and we went out a little far. There was a lot of phosphorus so the big fish that swam past us was a flash of light that scared the living crap out of me!!! In a small part of my brain, I knew that there were nets, and the general likelyhood of it being a shark was about zero percent; but I still swam like hell back to shore!

No comments: