Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oh, Canada

So, I went online and registered with the Canadian Embassy in Seoul. They now have my address, so if there's ever any danger they can come and save me. Go Canadain Embassy.

Today was one of the usual days. It was a blessedly small class, so the kids were really well behaved. My favourite part of the day is when I'm in the fake "immigration", and the kids come around and work on their dialogues. That's when I can just act like a moron and make the kids laugh for a while. When the kids fill out their passport, I always make them draw a picture of themselves "so that I know it's your passport". They're always laughing at their drawings, so I usually harass them by saying "Monkey!! That looks like a monkey!" and drawing in a tail. All of the kids know monkey. And pig. And ugly. They love insulting eachother. They'll point to their best friend and say "She's/he's crazy!!", which is considered a bad word in Korean.

Yeah, life is good being a pronunciation whore (sorry mom!); definitely not too stressful. My biggest worry is being asked questions about grammar. I speak english, but I'm not sure how it works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathy :P

I got bored today, so i decided to check out the blog and i pretty much read the whole thing. Freekin hilarious. I'm glad youre having a good time and I miss you kids lots. I tell everyone I have friends living in the future !!
have fun and such.

dan

mightycathy said...

hey dude, you must have been bored!! Miss you too! And even K-town (sadly enough)