Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thailand VII: Oh Crap, I Still Have So Many Pictures

During our stay at the Wang Sai, we decided to check out some elephants, and went for a ride, which just wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. We were strapped in there pretty well, and our elephant was only interested in eating palm leaves.

Monique and I on an elephant. The elephant handler guy stopped to give the elephant a hosedown at the top of a big hill and took our picture for us.

I bought some bananas to feed to a baby elephant and the elephants trainer had him stand up on his hind legs as a thank-you. When the baby did this, he let out a huge elephant fart. Isn't it nice how classy I try to keep my blog?

After this fun stuff, we headed back to Koh Samui for a couple nights before we had to had to head back to Bangkok. Koh Samui was waaayy more expensive, and in my opinion, not as nice. I really wanted to see some monkeys, so we went to check out a "monkey theatre"



There was the cutest little baby monkey that was crawling all over me (trying to steal my peanuts). I want a pet monkey!!! During the show you could tell how bored the animals were though, and they were not treated well. In between each "set" they would turn on this really loud, really bad music, and at first I was just vaguely annoyed by it, then eventually, when the monkeys weren't behaving so well, we realized it was to hide the sounds of the monkeys screeching as they were hit by their trainers. Nice. That just made me want to steal the baby monkey, but I don't think I could have gotten the little guy on a plane to Korea.

No comments: