Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thailand V: The Tattoo Parlour

It turns out that going to Thailand is synonymous with getting a tattoo. Kristen got two designs tattooed onto her feet, Monique got a gecko, and Vanessa, alittle design on her wrist, so we spent A LOT of time at "Dong's Tattoo Palace" (or whatever it was called. Hahahahahahaha... that wasn't it's name at all, but the owner's name was Dong.

Everyone had their tatoo done using the bamboo method, which was really amazing to watch; usually tattoos are done with gunns, but the tattoo artist had a bamboo rod with a needle attached (it was clean, don't worry). Dong, the owner, was hanging around the entire time entertaining us, for example he had taught his three year old son to say to foreign girls "me love you long time". How wrong is that?? But it was very funny, and that kid was so cute (no tattoos yet though).

And no, I didn't get a tattoo; I couldn't decide on anything. I really only knew what kind of tattoo I WOULDN'T want: like a dolphin, or a butterfly, or a snake wrapped around a naked lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no snake around a naked lady? Im disappointed. what about a snake around a nihilist? Though i think that would be difficult to draw. lol. Well anyhow, Im super jealous and if Kristin has tattoo pictures posted I'd LOVE to see them. That must have been an amazing experience. Glad your trip was so awesome and keep having a great time okay!!!

mightycathy said...

Hey Sarah,

How would I show that the person with the snake wrapped around them was a nihilist? Bored expression on the face maybe? Next time I see Kristen I'll take a picture of her tattoos. She doesn't do online pictures because she's too lazy.