Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Shift the Blame

I'm not sure how we got on this topic, but my co-teacher's and I were talking about our general feelings towards Americans, and George Bush. At one point I cracked a joke about blaming American's for something ignorant I'd done in Korea (for example that day I had forgotten to change my outdoor shoes to my indoor shoes because I was in a hurry). After I said it I was instantly regretful, thinking the joke would not be well-recieved. But Mrs. Lee, my super-nice and always polite co-teacher replied "Koreans do the same thing. When they've done something bad, they just say they're Japanese". Hahahahahahahahahaha. Is it wrong that I found that really funny?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not at all... I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese did it too... most East Asians (except Japanese peopel) hate the Japanese.

Dave

mightycathy said...

Yeah, I haven't met a Korean that didn't hate Japanese people.

mightycathy said...

except for a Japanese guy I met who had a Korean girlfriend. I don't think his parents were happy about that!