Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!!

The big 5-0!!! Congrats mom!!! As I tried to tell you earlier, 50 is the new 30, so don't worry about it! I haven't seen you for four months, but I know you look beautipul (as a Korean would say because there's no 'f' in the Korean language)!! And a late blog happy birthday to Tracy as well!!

Not much going on today as usual. Same dialogue different day. Except that I found out Mr. Yoon has to work somewhere else after winter break. Teacher's here can only work at one school for four years before they're moved to another school, so they're going to be replacing Mr. Yoon! EEEK!!! That really sucks. Apparently the new co-teacher is going to be a female as well, which could end up being a bad thing. There's already enough estrogen with myself, Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Kim. I just hope this new person isn't a children hating, waygook hating, English hating psycho.

Yesterday I had one of my student classes, and I think my "foreign appeal" is starting to wear off, which sucks because now I'll actually have to be a decent teacher for the kids to like me. Most of them behave pretty well though, I think my biggest annoyance is Ye-jin, and she's ridiculously cute even when annoying. Yesterday I was teaching the kids how to tell time in english, which was fun. In one hand I held a big clock and was quizzing the students, and my other hand was held by Ye-jin who was swinging around like a little monkey, singing some sort of Korean Christmas song (the other students laughing at me the entire time). She knows english pretty well, but she's a lot younger than the other students, and only goes because her grandfather (Mr. Yoon) makes her. She usually spends most of the class doodling on the handouts and muttering to herself, or running around trying to erase stuff I had written on the board. Little monster. She's always running up to me with drawings she's done of me. Hahahahahahha, she knows I call her "monster" (affectionately, I swear) all the time, so on one of the drawings it said 케티=바보, which means "Cathy=foolish, or stupid". Shithead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cathy, Now the WHOLE world knows how old I am!!!!!! Remember there are always PAY BACKS, so beware. The next time I send K-D it will have Kimchi in it!!!!
Miss you,
Love MOM

mightycathy said...

Hahahahahaha! I'd like to see you find Kimchi flavoured KD in Canada!
Miss you too! Cathy