Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Shit Weather!

As of now I’m in a little town called Levis just outside of Quebec City. This morning I left my hotel early in the hopes of a nice walk around Ottawa. Of course it started snowing, so I only got as far as the parliament buildings before seeking refuge in a Starbucks to get away from the snow. I tried to wait it out, but after a while I just gave up and moved on to my next destination: Montreal. The city of ridiculous amounts of one way streets, unmarked lanes and tiny traffic lights that I would barely notice if not for the mass amounts of traffic in front and around me guiding me along. There was a downtown section that I wanted to visit near McGill University, but for the life of me I couldn’t find a parking space nearby, so eventually I gave up and moved on to Quebec City. QC was surprisingly hilly and beautiful! Lots of ornate old buildings and narrow cobbled streets to walk down.
Some pictures:
One of the Parliament buildings in Ottawa. They were beautiful but it started snowing and became so freaking cold that I didn't stay long.
The rest are in Quebec City within the walled portion of the city. Fun!

No comments: