Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hopewell Rocks

Sigh... I guess I'll stop being lazy then... since I got in trouble. Alright, I'm going to split this into several posts so the don't get to long and I don't get confused. Yesterday before I left New Brunswick I decided I would try to find Hopewell Rocks. This is the place where the tides are the highest in the world which has created the flowerpot-like rock formations. Very cool!
Of course they're on park property and the park was closed, but I thought "screw that! I've already come this far" as I parked in front of the locked gate and went for a little hike. The snow on the trails was a couple feet deep, but I kept going until I reached the stairs to get down to the ocean floor... which had been raised and locked so that dumb tourists (such as myself) didn't get trapped and drown when the tide rose. I still got to see a few cool rock formations from above though, so it wasn't a wasted trip!

No comments: