Thursday, April 09, 2009

Fundy Fun (I hate myself...)

This morning I started my journey in St. John and headed off to the New Brunswick Museum. Walked around feeling all superior and intelligent looking at local art, but have to admit that my favorite part of the museum was their collection of whale bones! Very cool!! There was an entire skeleton suspended from the ceiling that looked temptingly like a jungle gym.

From St. John I moved on to the oh-so-famous "Reversing Falls" in which the water is supposed to flow up stream in a very entertaining way. I got there and...

nothing... well... it's there but I think the tide may be too high and the water levels higher than usual due to all the rain and whatnot. Look closely and you can sort of see the switch in water direction. Wa waaaaaaaa.Then I was off to the small town of St. Martin that was near a section of the Bay of Fundy. It was very... secluded. Lot's of old weather-beaten houses that looked unlivable if not for the the awesome nearby views. After getting a couple decent shots at a deserted tourist spot I tried to find some other viewpoints, but every road I went down just... ended. All of the suden the pavement would end and it would be a muddy snowfilled pit where the road should be! Made me wish I had a larger vehicle or an ATV of some sort! But it was still fun wandering around and checking out the area.My last stop was Moncton, where I found a room at yet another random hotel. I've been going for the semi-expensive ones ($80-$90) since it's sort of a short trip anyhow and those really cheap motels ALWAYS smell like a dirty homeless man. It's worth the extra $20 to breathe easily.

No comments: