Monday, June 30, 2008

Swift Current "Where Life Makes Sense"

Is that not the best catch phrase for a town? I'd like to live in a place where things finally make sense. So this morning I left my little hotel near Calgary to go to Dinosaur Provincial Park. It's literally in the middle of nowhere surrounded by massive private ranches. And there are little hedgehogs EVERYWHERE. I almost killed about five of them on the road (they're fast little buggers though. Every time I tought that I'd run one over I'd see it scamper off in my rearview mirror). Well, mabe they're hedgehogs. They could also be some sort of ground hog? Prairie dog? Here's a picture and you can decide for yourself.
After the hedgehog dodging, I made it to the Dinasaur Park, aka the Canadian section of he badlands. Went for a sweaty walk through the "mountains" which look like big mounds of colourful dust and rock. Lot's of fun.
From there I headed East again, and now I'm in Swift Current Saskatchewan! Tomorrow morning I'm going to head into Moose Jaw to see Al Capones tunnels! Fun!

No comments: