Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hmmm... I Spoke Too Soon




In my last little excerpt, I was marvelling at the steadfastness of my car. Then today I drove from Vancouver Island to Lilloet (where I'm staying for the night) and it got a little ugly. He's still running fine, but he's really struggling along the crazy inclines and bends on the "Sea to Sky Highway". This highway is supposed to be one of the most scenic-- and scary!-- highways in Canada, and it's definitely true! It was slow going up those steep hills and once I tried to accellerate just a bit too much too quickly and Pabo responded by emitting a nasty burnt rubber smell. After that I stopped the car, but the engine wasn't overheated I think I just went a little too far for the litle guy. So I'm going to be taking my time from now on until I get out of the mountains. But DANG, the scenes are GORGEOUS! Mountain after mountain, stream, canyon, cliffs, everything. Now I'm in my wonderful little motel room in the small town of Lillooet which is surrounded by mountains, and out-of-the-way enough to be nice and cheap. Marvelous!

No comments: